Monday 18 April 2016

Things I learned in Scotland

Things I learned whilst we were in Scotland:

1. the three of us can be in a room or a car, pretty much 24/7, and get along just dandily! Not bad at all for our part-time little trio ♡






















2. I love being outdoors - my chest feels open, I breathe more deeply, my head clears, I feel hopeful and excited. I feel joy.

























3. I love a good walk/stomp/hike - it is invigorating for the body as well as the soul.

























4. I love exploring - on foot, or in a car. My favourite grey Sunday activity is to sit in the car whilst Paul drives...exploring around where we live, tunes on, eyes ever looking out at the passing scenery.


























5. variety really is the spice of life. Give me somewhere to walk around or drive around, over a week by a pool, any day!


























6. being outside awakens my creativity - I see patterns, colour and inspiration EVERYWHERE.


























7. I don't need to be trapped indoors by my anxiety - I went out, for seven days, slept in 5 different beds and not only survived, but had one of my favourite holidays to date. Go me!

























































8. faced with wide open spaces, I feel ALIVE.


























9. the ocean...oh the ocean!





























We did a mini tour of Western Scotland's highlands and islands, taking in Bute, Inveraray, Oban, Mull, Iona, Fort William, Glen Nevis, the Nevis Gorge and Steall Waterfall, and finishing in Drymen.

Sarah
x

No comments:

Post a Comment