Monday 9 January 2012

streamlining


good Monday morning folks! what have you got planned today?
I'm trying to get a little more streamlined in my business, as well as everyday, life.
So today is all about getting address labels, thank you notes, return address labels and gift cards etc. ready to go...all in folders on my packaging shelf


leafy heart address label


As mundane a task as it is, I am taking my time about it...and putting my own slant on it - this way, posting out orders (hopefully) won't seem like the chore it currently is (where did I put the tissue paper?), aaand they will reflect me and my design style.


I've drawn some basic designs/shapes and have then scanned, resized and printed these onto various papers...plain white for thank you's, self adhesive for packaging labels and textured card for gift tags.


busy bee doodled address label/gift tag


I'm hoping to get a but more stream-lined in everyday life too - getting birthday cards & gifts bought well in advance...I've had one of those card holder dooberries for yonks. I think this year I may finally use it & stick the cards in the relevant month and away we go. I just have to remember to look in the card holder dooberry ;)


There are so many other streamlinery things I could do I suppose. I did make a start last year by creating:
• a gift wrap drawer
• a present drawer
• a card drawer (it was never very organised though...plenty for 'cousin' when in desperate need for 'Auntie')
• a letter writing, cheque writing don't-forget-school-dinner-money type drawer
I can honestly say that they did genuinely help!


I'm still in the midst of the coat/studio/man's room sort...so when that's done and we have organised book & filing shelves, there will be no stopping me! Honest guvnor.


twiggy circle tag/label


Anyone else trying to get a bit more streamlined for this shiny new year?
x


PS sorry for the yukky grey photos - it is so very damp and dingy up North today & I haven't managed to get my daylight lamps all plugged in since the change around

1 comment:

  1. I will right away grab your rss as I can not in finding your e-mail subscription link or newsletter service. Do you've any? Please let me realize so that I could subscribe. Thanks.
    Boorum Pease, #25, 25-300-16-UDPF, Columnar Book, 300 Pages, 16 Columns, United Double Page Form, 58-216, D-16

    ReplyDelete