Monday 15 October 2018

Getting into the wedding game

I have been itching to get in to designing for weddings for a very long time, but could never decide on what exactly to design. Wedding stationery, gifts for the wedding party, decor for the venue, cards for the happy couple...so many options!

My decision was made for me, through a stroke of luck, when an Instagram friend contacted me to see if I would design some wedding stationery for her wedding...heck yes, said I!




The brief was to create Save the Date cards, in a chalkboard style, and after a quick chat about the format, we settled on the idea of postcards.

I had intended on waiting a couple of weeks before getting stuck in to the initial design ideas, but enthusiasm got the better of me, and I ended up sat on the sofa the next night, sketching out ideas on my iPad.





The initial request came through on the 25th August, and the final design and wording was agreed on the 1st September...seriously fast!

Honestly, it was so much fun, the whole process...coming up with the initial ideas; teaching myself how to create a chalkboard look; hand lettering the text; chatting with Charlie throughout all the stages and feeding off her excitement, and, finally, pulling all the elements together.

Getting to meet Charlie when she came to collect the cards, was such a treat...we've known each other on Instagram for years, and she is just as lovely in real life as she is in her little squares online.

Speaking of which, seeing this a couple of days later on Charlie's feed, had me grinning from ear to ear!



I enjoyed the whole chalkboard theme so much, that I also designed a wedding card. Now, I realise I could do with variations on this, but I'm going to trial this one for now...or at least I will when I get it photographed and listed in my shop, haha!




If you would like to talk me about having some bespoke event/occasion stationery designed for you, do please get in touch! You can message me on Instagram, I'm @ditsybird, or via my contact page on my website here.


Cheerio for now




1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing this informative article. Click here for Best research about Custom SPA product packaging boxes UK for best branding".

    ReplyDelete