Tuesday 11 January 2011

A creative start

I don't often get onto the pc these days - [which is something I must rectify] - as I tend to catch up with all texts/emails/tweets etc. via my phone....lazy but handy



So whilst I'm sat here with a cup of tea, I thought I'd do a quick post...well, it'd be rude not to



We've been having a creative January here at home - whilst I've been adding embroidery detail to some fabric paintings, George has been busy working on his first Munny (courtesy of Santa & Fred Aldous)



I've been delighted to see how he has tackled it - taking time to work on a few designs, choosing options from each and then carefully building up the background layers on the Munny itself. I truly hope he doesn't lose interest and keeps at it - he'll be so proud of himself if he does and it'll be a real treasure to keep and use as a benchmark as his creativity grows.



I painted a few mini tote bags a few months back (using designs from my canvases)  but then had a dilemma...the quality of the bags in no way matched the effort I'd put in with the painting = an unsaleable item. Argh!



Then I had an epiphany at the beginning of the week and started to love them up with some embroidery and I plan to do a few other stitchery wonders to them and create framed pictures.
I'm going to take my time though and try and get them just right.



Meanwhile, whilst Mr Munny was drying, Georgie Boy set off in a totally new direction and started creating some cracking little collages! I love, love, love this monkey and his pal!
I told him all about Lu's success with her collages in the past, so now he has a new found respect for all things collage...as well as for Lu and her wonderful creations!


I hope you're January has been fun and creative!

No comments:

Post a Comment